My new obsession is crocheted shoes. I’m working on a pair of crocodile flip flops for the coolest mother-in-law on the planet (mine!), but I just finished these beauties. I’ve been working them all week.
I made the shoe parts over the weekend.
Then I started thinking about what kind of sole I wanted. I decided I wanted something really sturdy, so I found a pattern for jute soles. And luckily, I had jute at home!
I made the soles last night, and my hands are still feeling it! My poor little dainty computer-typing wimpy hands almost couldn’t take it! I have blisters all over my right hand today as souvenirs from this project. Ouch!
After the soles were done, I decided to glue them on and then stitch them up. The gluing part took the help of Chris.
Last night after I had them all stitched up, I realized that they were coming loose on my feet while walking. Chris and I discussed last night and today what it would take to fix this problem.
I wound up adding more crochet stitching along most of the sides to get it to work. The last row used a decrease stitch to get them to be snug against my feet.
I just added the decorative buttons, and they are ready to be worn!
I will be wearing these bad boys to work tomorrow.
Here’s hoping they hold up OK! I’m loving these shoes and the possibilities of more in the future!